FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time booking at Marriott, price change after confirmation
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:21 pm
Jaunts

Originally Posted by HOLYMOLEAIR
Thought it might be useful to FTers in the same situation in the future:

Received an email from Revenue Management explaining that the fare for the second night is a mistake, hence the second email confirmation at the original "correct" price. Wouldn't bulge and demanded the full price or cancellation without charge. My case might be a good data point for those who come across surprisingly good fares with Marriott in the future.
It would be one thing if the mistaken rate was $3 instead of $300. A $3 rate would obviously be an error on their part. In this case, I could see the customer believing that $300 was a real rate. So they should have honored it.

I have wondered what would happen in a situation where the customer agreed to the mistaken rate, and spent additional money on airfare, etc. based on that agreement. I could see a scenario where a tourist was looking for a good deal, and after booking the hotel, he/she would go ahead and book other arrangements for the trip as well that might not be refundable. It's not fair that they waited for several days before notifying you.

Last edited by Jaunts; Feb 28, 2019 at 5:41 pm