FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World (Genuinely something new)
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:43 pm
bmibaby737

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by 13900
At today's forum for colleagues, Alex spent some time talking about the new Club seat. No picture was shared, the name of the supplier wasn't revealed, so nothing exciting (apologies for those who've seen this thread back up and thought "Hurrah!"), but he did a couple of interesting points that are perhaps worth sharing here:
  • He fully expects NPS for Club to decline once the seat is announced, due to the disappointment of customers who expect to find it there but in fact don't. He mentioned United with its Polaris roll-out as an example
  • He said it's going to take a good 5 years for the seat to be fully rolled out to all the applicable fleets (and in fact it marries up with the plans I've seen).
  • Part of the reason for it is that it takes time to design the installation - even once you've done a fleet, the others are different - then time to install it but, more importantly, time to manufacture the seat itself. He asked the audience how many seats Supplier X can produce per day, and the answer he gave was three. To me it sounds quite staggering, if it takes 3 days to do a seat then an A380 ship-set would take a month, and that's assuming they work weekends!
  • An announcement should be made in March / April, so pretty soon.
Here it is. Can't say this is all my opinion because... well.
what is NPS?

looks like new aircraft are going to get prioritised with 3 seats being made per day.