FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:20 pm
bnwinter

Just got a new job that has me in Chicago. Never done anything like this before and am needing help in deciding which Airline to use. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1. What is most important to you in a frequent flyer program (FFP)?
upgrades, priority services, baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, lounge access, etc.
>>> Reply: Just overall the best. I'll be mostly using Carry-On. Eventually, I will pick up a CC for whichever airline I use the most.

2. How many miles do you usually fly each year? How many flights/sectors?
less than 25000 miles, 50000+ miles and 20-25 flights, etc.
>>> Reply: I should reach the top of any program within the year. I'll fly round trip every week and occasionally twice. with a few connections each time depending on the city I fly into.

3. What fare class do you usually buy?
first, business, premium economy, economy
>>> Reply: Economy

4. Are you able to choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
>>> Reply: I get to choose. It's for work, with pleasure 1 or 2 weekends a month. (Mostly to the west coast)

5. Which routes do you fly most often?
transatlantic, domestic USA, intra-Asia, etc.
>>> Reply: Domestic USA (Mostly Midwest, I won't travel to the West Coast/SLC area unless for pleasure and will not travel hardly ever to the DC-Boston Metro much, but will everywhere else).

6. What is your home airport?
>>> Reply: Chicago (Haven't decided on ORD or MDW).

7. Do you have status in any FFP? What is it? How miles do you have banked in each FFP, if any?
>>> Reply: No Status. Completely New.

8. What are your preferred airlines, if any?
>>> Reply: No preference, just the best one for the occasional flight out to LAX/SFO/SAN. And when I get the points, use them for International Travel.