FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:34 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Goflyer100
Thanks, I guess that I, as a 1k, have more chances to be upgraded than the other 2 passengers. And they will be recognized as a passenger without status right, so not under me as a 1K?

I have enabled Expert Mode and now I see that the fare class is W.

First I had a look a the seat map at the united.com but now I checked cablepick.com and I see that on the flight from FRA to EWR, there are 14 of the 44 seats booked in business class and on the flight from EWR to FRA, 16 of the 44 seats are booked. But how I can find the PN over there?
You should be able to see all the fare classes with the Expert Mode when you click on "Details". Under the flight number there is "Wi-Fi" and "Power outlets". Under that there is: "Available Fare Classes" with the whole list.

For example: on April 19, FRA-EWR is J9 JN9 C9 D9 Z6 ZN6 P0 PN0 PZ0, etc. The fact that it's P0 is not a good sign. But that flight is on a Friday and weekends are harder for the upgrades. That was just an example as I don't know your travel day.

Yes, if you book your PNR alone you increase your chances but your companions on other PNRs will be further down the waiting list if they have no status so less chances for them.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Feb 27, 2019 at 3:46 pm