FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:16 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j2simpso
The implication I was getting at with the joke was that the passenger in question here decided to make an entire section of the MLL their own private suite by draping cables, clothing, etc. around the area. Clearly, the passenger here went one step further than simply draping putting their bag on the adjacent chair.

Out of curiosity does AC have any policies/rules to prevent such spectacles? While this behaviour might be ok if the MLL is empty, having been to MLLs recently, they tend to be somewhat crowded and such a hog could quite possibly make the lounge unusable unless you are a bit (passive) aggressive with them.

Safe Travels,

James
That leads me to another question.

MLLs tend to have seats in groups of 4 (at least in YYZ). When the lounge is empty, you naturally move to an empty group of 4. When it fills up, more people will come, and take the diagonally opposite seat in the group of 4.

Then I come in as part of a group of 4, there are 50 seats open, but only in diagonally-opposite pairs.

Even if you aren't covering the other seats, should you really be taking a seat in an empty 4-block when there are other seats available?