FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rosewood Puebla & St. Regis Mexico City
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:30 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I'm very appreciative of the report above about the Rosewood Puebla. We spent three nights at the hotel and loved it. We booked a suite on a pay 2 nights, get three nights package. Our agent is both a Rosewood and a Virtuoso agent. On comparing benefits, Virtuoso won.
Virtuoso Amenities for your stay
For 2019:
  • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
  • Complimentary Continental Breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
  • A complimentary 50 minute massage for up to two people per room, once during stay
  • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
He negotiated the upgrade in advance to the Briseno Suite. Lovely. It's roughly the size of the first 3 bedroom house that we owned. It has a large living room and dining room, 1 1/2 baths, and a large bedroom. It has a wraparound balcony, albeit with no furniture and honestly not a great deal of space for furniture. It gives privacy and light throughout the entire suite.

We came from Mexico City with the transfer provided by Las Alcobas for $200. I got a quote from the company that bobjunior used and was quite surprised to find it higher, at $275. The transfer from the hotel to the Mexico City Airport is slightly less than $200.

I investigated everything in advance that bobjunior recommended. Thank you for the list. Here's what I did

Museo Amparo collection and its gorgeous, gorgeous roofdeck
The park and forts of the Cinco de Mayo battle
The house of the Serdan Bros where the Mexican Revolution began

And we added:
Puebla Cathedral
Library - across the street from cathedral, go to second floor
Church of San Domingo with its stunning gold Rosary Chapel
Museum of the Baroque - a must, opened in 2017, stunning
Pyramid in Cholula, broadest base in the world - bit of a disappointment as it's covered by grass with a cathedral on top. If they excavated it, the cathedral wouldn't be stable. There are tunnels into it
Temple of San Francisco Acatepec - stunning baroque church, a must

We love this hotel and are so glad it was discussed in this forum. There is beautiful public space from the ground level to the fifth floor swimming pool and bar. It has a sense of warmth and graciousness. Service has been attentive and well meant.

Food - well, I haven't found Puebla to be the amazing food center that articles report, especial after amazing food in Mexico City. We found the high end restaurant in the hotel one of the best places in Puebla to eat.