FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: EK:KUL-DXB in First Class RT for $1307
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:29 pm
minz56

Programs: NZ
If anyone is still interested in this fare, then I just wanted to say that I did submit a complaint to MAVCOM and have just received the following response:

"With regard to your complaint, the Commission has engaged with Malaysia Airlines Berhad (“MAB”) and based on our evaluation of the case, it was established that a system error had occurred, whereby MAB’s ticketing system had inadvertently published on various online travel agents websites, incorrect first class fares for the flights operated by MAB’s codeshare partner Emirates, for the route Kuala Lumpur to Dubai.

The Commission has observed that MAB had issued notices to the travel agencies and the affected consumers to inform on the system error, immediately after the discovery of the system glitch. The Commission has also found that MAB had offered the following service recovery options:
a) a full refund of the cancelled ticket price and waiver of cancellation and service fee; and
b) a complimentary economy return ticket inclusive of taxes on all MAB operated network, departing from Kuala Lumpur excluding Australia, New Zealand and Europe to each passenger.

Paragraph 12(1) of the Malaysian Aviation Consumer Protection Code (“MACPC”) states that in the case where a flight is cancelled, the operating airline shall offer passengers the compensation and care as specified in the First Schedule. The Commission wishes to highlight that MAB had offered the compensation and care in accordance with the First Schedule of the MACPC when they offered a full refund of the cancelled ticket price and waiver of cancellation and service fee. In addition to that, MAB had also offered a complimentary economy return ticket, subject to Terms and Conditions, to all the affected consumers.

Pursuant to your complaint that MAB had increased the of air fare after the air fare has been purchased, paragraph 4 of the MACPC states that subject to certain exceptions, an airline shall not increase the price of an air fare after the air fare has been purchased by the consumer. Based on our evaluation, the Commission wishes to highlight that MAB had cancelled all the tickets purchased by the consumers at the time the system error had occurred. Therefore, paragraph 4 of the MACPC is not applicable for this situation as the airline had cancelled the ticket.

In view of the foregoing, the Commission is satisfied that MAB has taken full responsibility of the unexpected system error and further rectified this issue in accordance with the provisions of the MACPC."

Perhaps as expected. Unfortunately the time frame for the free economy ticket does not work for me, so I will just have to let this one go. Moving on!!