FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting drinks from the galley between drink service
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:39 pm
JacksonFlyer

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by MJMLBBtoCPH
I've read in various places that FAs are annoyed somewhat if you press the call button unless it's an emergency or quite important. I've seen entire articles written on call button etiquette. 25 years ago I had no problem pressing that button to get a drink; but, given comments that I've read recently from FAs or from travel bloggers like "One Mile at a Time", it seems like social norms have changed. Is it ok to punch the call button to ask for a drink? Perhaps maybe if you are stuck in a window or middle seat? What do people here think?
Well, to me it is a yes and no type of situation. I personally do not like pushing the button just for a drink as they may be attending to someone and leave them to answer my summons. Every time I hear a chime, all the FAs seem to look down the aisle to see whose button it is and usually they go there fairly quickly. That being said, if there were no FAs to be seen perhaps that is when I might consider pushing a button. However, as I said before, I am just as happy to go to the back, ask for a drink and use the facilities and pick the drink up on the way back. Luckily, I have been getting my upgrades to First, so not much of a problem for me currently,heh, heh.