FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this enough compensation for 72 hour delayed luggage?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 1:38 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is my personal opinion and also based on "recent" repeated bags issues (last summer)
Q1) yes this is correct as BE is the last carrier.
Q2) they could have done much better for sure, but it could have been worse also.
Q3) this is certainly far from being generous, but I would say that unfortunately it is becoming standard Since last FB changes (april 2018), they have drastically reduced the number of miles given as compensation. They try to have you believe that it represents a lot of miles given what you earn with a revenue ticket (8000 miles would represent what you earn with a 1000 EUR ticket for a platinum member or 2000 EUR for an explorer member), while they should consider what is the value of those miles when you want to use them. And, then it's a shock because we are talking of about 20 EUR value. So it's up to you to decide whether you want to push them or not, depending on how much you paid for your ticket.
I forgot to say that, of course, they (BE) need to reimburse you for your expenses (clothes, toiletry items) if you are away from home.