FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:29 am
cestmoi123

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by jtav559
SNA again last night. Booked a Fullsize Car. Was assigned a Toyota Highlander, not my ideal car - wanted something a bit smaller. Went through the options with the agent and was offered a Malibu or a Buick Encore (small SUV type) - took the Buick. Has 40K plus miles on it :/ I had walked the lot prior to going up to the desk, offered some "suggestions" as to what cars I would like to swtich to but they were all spoken for according to the rep.

Seems this location is hit or miss on PC's being assigned something at least similar to your reserved class. I don't think I will go out of my way to fly into SNA again if I am renting a car.
Seems like they did OK to me - offered you what most people would regard as an upgrade (a Highlander), then offered you what you had reserved (a Malibu) and another option, which you took. PC aren't entitled to an upgrade above full size, so anything beyond that is gravy.