FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know what happened to the CX829 YYZ-HKG flight this morning?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 2:46 am
ppr992

We were stuck inside plane for 24 hours. Was personally my worst experience on a flight

At yyz, Flight leaves gate 30 min late, taxis to runway getting ready for takeoff and then turns back due to technical error, NOT wind speeds. In fact wind speeds and storm was calmed down by then and nothing related to this was mentioned as a reason. Plane gets fixed up for the next 2 hours, ended up taking off 3 hours+ late at around 4:45AM

Before taking off at YYZ we get announcement that the flight needs to re-route to Osaka due to labor rules with cabin crew not working more than certain number of hours. We would get a new crew in KIX

The biggest issue is that Throughout entire journey we are left with our standard 2 meals (of course this is not told in advance or made public, otherwise there would be a run on food, I was exhausted at that hour and didn’t even think to stash up on food)

From Toronto to Osaka for the first 17-18 hours of the trip we were served 1 meal. All snacks quickly ran out 8-9 hours into the flight. The second meal of breakfast was served after take off from KIX. I had to sip on orange juice just to get some blood sugar and stay conscious.

Cabin crew especially manager was terrible. Excuses were made up - sounded stupid and frankly every time I heard it I got more annoyed hearing it. Toilets were disgusting as expected.

Worst of all most if not all passengers with hunger issues (again thanks 10-seat abreast) as snacks quickly ran out

When we landed at Osaka we got served a Japanese bread type snack.

question is Where do we start with complaints/compensation.

On behalf of many passengers who aren’t sophisticated enough but are regularly screwed over by airlines with delayed flights or ordeals like this. Hopefully other passengers can easily google this thread and see that there are people out there who do care about passenger rights and need to say enough with airlines getting away without proper planning for situations like this one.

Departed yyz gate 1:50~
Take off yyz 4:45
Landed KIX 8:35
Departed KIX 10:10
Landed HKG 13:15
(all local Times)