FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:54 pm
daloosh

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I figured it out why even after booking opened up, I couldn't book -- it was because I wanted to book for three. I finally could book a room for two, but not three. Rooms at Le Meridien were 50K.

At any rate, I decided to stay at the Hotel Arts (60K), a Ritz Carlton hotel, and I'm happy I did, after having visited the location of Le Meridien. It's a little too much in the thick of things. If you want to be in it, then it's great, but the Hotel Arts was in a quieter, but still accessible location. The Metro stop was a couple blocks away, and cabs to and fro were plentiful. The hop on-hop off bus was on the next corner, and the 47 city bus stopped practically at the front entrance.

And just steps from the front door of Hotel Arts were all sorts of restaurants, bars and clubs -- which did lead to some noise at night. A different vibe than Le Meridien which is right on Las Ramblas, and has noise as well. Le Meridien is in a super accessible location, a couple blocks from Placa Catalunya in one direction and a couple blocks from la Bouqueria in the other.

Both great choices, I'd compare the decision to staying at the Doubletree Times Square (former DT) or the Midtown Hilton in NY, versus the Conrad downtown in Battery Park.