FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - platinum seats in main cabin extra, splitting PNR and others lost MCE
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:05 pm
Pasqualle7

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by diclemeg
Thought I'd share something that happened today, that I am very surprised by.... I think American Airlines has lost some of its luster...
With Aadvantage Platinum status.... In January, I put on a courtesy hold, four award tickets from DFW-MEX in coach for a trip in April, and put us all in row 7 in Main Cabin Extra.
Then, I saw a first class seat opened up , so I called in and had it all booked, and my teenage kids one row behind in the first Main Cabin Extra row. Agent handled it all.
Then I noticed today the kids were moved across from each other in aisle. So I called American and asked if they could put the seats back to sitting next to each other one row forward ... instead, the agent says, that since I'm no longer flying in same category, they cannot get benefit of main cabin extra seats, so the SUPERVISOR took the liberty to override the computer and put them back in row 22. I couldn't believe it. Not only did the agent back in January not tell me the kids won't be able to sit there if I were to move up front, but the computer still kept them in Main Cabin Extra . So my call actually precipitated getting worse seats for them. I hung up and called back, and the new supervisor was even more smug, than the first... offers to put me back in coach with them. Instead I'll have one of the teenagers sit in first and I'll go back to row 22. Was shocked by it all. Next time I won't call....
Always thought it was the perks at the time of booking, but it would make sense that after not qualifying they would take away the benefit. I dont agree with the outcome but I can see why it happened.