FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CPU Clearance Experiences - Archive
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:18 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Thanks. My question is more around fare code than actual seat. Should you be auto-rebooked into "Z" (or whatever first class booking code your connection is in)? Should you only be given the seat but your fare code stays in coach for that segment?
You already have the segment using the premium fare basis; the ticket just needs to be revalidated against that segment when the prime rbd (Z) is available.

Originally Posted by jsloan
There's a better argument to be made in favor of getting the PQM bonus on the single-class plane than there is for not getting it on the two-class plane. (Specifically, it's because you bought the first-class fare and would have been seated in it but for the equipment). It doesn't work that way, but it's a logically cohesive argument.
I don't think I've been able to figure out the logic as to when the computer delegates a differential fare to Y versus the underlying Economy rbd. It seems to prefer the latter most of the time, but I feel like I've seen Y from time to time (and a pure premium fare is always Y). Maybe the way the booking code table is defined is different on some of the varying implementations of differential fares?