FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:01 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by bookemdano
Apologies if I missed discussion of this--looked back a few pages and didn't see it. But I remember back in 2017 there was an announcement that AMEX was selling Serve, BB, etc. to Incomm and speculation that there might be a possibility that those of us who were shut down could regain access (either on existing shut-down accounts we never closed or by signing up for a new card with the same SSN).

The sale was expected to close in 2018. Found an article from last April saying the sale went through.

But here we are in 2019 and I'm not sure what, if anything, changed. Obviously the Serve and BB products appear to still be around, people are using them, etc. But did anyone who was banned get unbanned in the process? I guess my hunch says no or I'd be finding reports saying as much. But figured I would ask anyway to satisfy my curiosity.
If you were part of the great massacree or otherwise tossed from either program, why don't you try and sign up? (It's easy to do on-line). And let us know your outcome. It would be appreciated.