FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vueling Barcelona to Seville Spain
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:28 am
huge

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I'll be flying on Vueling O/W Malaga, Spain => BCN (95 minute flight). It's an IB codeshare, so I have the option of booking on IB Economy for $91, or booking on vueling.com for $41 in Basic, $70 in "Optima" or $76 in "TimeFlex". As far as I can tell the differences between the Vueling fares are that Optima gets you one free checked bag and free seat selection, and TimeFlex gets you free schedule changes (just pay the difference in fare) plus priority boarding. I'll be checking a bag so I'm not flying Basic. I think I care just enough about free changes to pay the $6 extra. Am I missing anything? Is there any reason at all to consider paying extra to book on IB?

Flying on vueling I can choose to earn Avios on their own program (which I'd have to sign up for and then transfer the Avios to IB/BA) or on IB. I don't care about tier points. Would I earn more Vueling Avios than Iberia+ Avios or exactly the same? I realize it's going to be a tiny amount, but might as well get it right.