FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:18 pm
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Just checked in for a short stay, and it's my first time back in several years. Things are not off to the best start, but I need to be nearby, so the location can't be beat. Unfortunately downtown rates are pretty high this week, and the price was about the same as the Andaz 5th Ave. Still wondering if the longish subway ride would have been worth it.

At check-in, the FD agent mentioned a wonderful upgrade, but then I ended up in the exact Andaz Suite that I paid for. Is it that hard to see what a guest initially booked? I guess so, because I feel like every hotel chain does this when booking a suite.

I still love the bathrooms here, but as others have mentioned the furniture is showing some age. I'm not sure how a lampshade can possibly get so stained, and another lamp in the room has no bulb. The bedding is still quite comfortable though. I can't imagine this place gets my business after the two Thompson properties are fully integrated, but it's nice to have a semi-decent option in the area for the time being.