FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Achilles' Heel of the New CW: Beverages
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:48 pm
abc193

Originally Posted by Buzzz
I think there will always be a divide on FT in the interpretation of what should be considered fundamental, basic, or minimum in a business class cabin. My opinion may not be shared by all, but I am of the thought that it shouldn't be necessary to have to flag down a passing FA to have my glass refilled in business class. They should check back with me. Nor should I have to ring the bell to have my tray cleared away after I am finished dining. We had this with the old CW; it is gone now.

Would we accept this sort of service in a nice restaurant? Nobody ever returns to your table after serving your food?
Agreed you shouldn't have to ring the bell to have your tray cleared away after that amount of time - that is not acceptable. I've found times for this to be slightly worse when sitting in window seats (which I usually do), so hopefully this will change once the new seats are introduced.

In terms of drinks/refills, perhaps I've been lucky or you have been unlucky, but I do find that the crew ask if I would "like anything else" when serving the next course or clearing away.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that the restaurant analogy fits here, as the purpose of going to restaurant is to be served food, whereas BA gets us from A to B. As far as I'm concerned, the crew's primary job is to get us from A to B in a safe manner. I would say the issue here is more akin to having (say) a junior suite at a nice hotel and the minibar not being properly restocked, thus requiring a call down to the reception. Not exactly ideal, but also not a deal breaker.