FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:47 pm
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by eastbysouthwest
Planning a trip to Fairmont Lake Louise this spring, but sadly won't make it before the end of February, so my upgrade certificates will die unused. Any idea what the odds are for getting an upgrade from a Fairmont room (at check-in) based on Accor LeClub status? Currently I am only Silver as inherited from the merger, but with some effort I could probably make Gold. I could probably visit midweek if it makes a difference.
Can you define what you mean by 'spring'?

If there during the shoulder season, you might get lucky. By that, I mean early May. Lake Louise ski resort will have just shut down, Lake Louise will be ice covered, but not safe to walk on, and the hiking trails are all snowbound. But then, if you're there at that time, I don't know what you plan to do.

If there from May 24 weekend and on, your odds are zero of getting any kind of upgrade. If there at the tail end of ski season, say late April, you might get lucky with an upgrade, but I doubt it. If there between now and the end of March or mid-April, it's still a busy time, and I doubt as a Silver or even Gold, you would likely get an upgrade.

Mid week and short stays are likely to improve your odds of something being available.