FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone know what happened to the CX829 YYZ-HKG flight this morning?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:35 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could the plan be to rebook folks on CX flight(s) from KIX to HKG (or KIX to their final destinations)?

I don't think CX would have extra crew at KIX, but they can deadhead crew to there from HKG before the diverted flight lands there, but depending on loads it could be cheaper to just rebook everyone and ferry the aircraft to where it's needed.
In my experience, your rebooking suggestion doesnt happen. I've been on exactly 3 CX longhauls that have done this (2x in TPE, 1x in PEK), and a colleague had it happen to him at ICN. In 4/4 instances crew are ferried before you arrive, board immediately, and you're airborne again within 60-90 minutes tops. They definitely didn't deplane people. Iirc we weren't allowed to deplane actually, that was made pretty clear. I seem to remember people whose final destinations we're TPE and PEK asking to get off, answer was no.

Last edited by QRC3288; Feb 25, 2019 at 5:07 pm Reason: Changed wording, added last sentence