FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accorhotels websites inconsistencies, scams, bugs and…I don’t know what else…
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:21 pm
Ubud

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by prairiedog
Just got off the phone with customer service. Account was blocked yesterday due to too many unsuccessful login attempts (result of not notifying assistant of new password...oops).

Apparently the only way to unblock the account is for the Accor IT team to send an mail to reset password ("forgot my password" link doesn't work). Customer rep said she would send a ticket to IT immediately but they are way behind and hiring new staff to handle demand.

She said it will take THREE TO FOUR WEEKS for the IT department to resolve the ticket. In the meantime, she said we'll have to call to book or modify any reservations. For the next month.

I just had the same conversation with a rep, who is now saying 6 to 10 weeks. He speculated that there is only 1 person in France who is doing this work.

Not only do you have to call in for reservations, but there is NO way (according to him) to register for promos, such as the current 3X in North America. He could create a duplicate account, but then you would lose the associated status for those bookings and points accrual.

The same rep confirmed that the Accor site cannot handle all of the Fairmont booking rates. So attempting to book a Fairmont would likely show you only the higher rates - which is why I asked that question in the first place. I didn't ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if bookings made through the Fairmont site didn't qualify for promos like the 3X, not that it matters for me since I can't register in the first place.

And Accor wonders why they have fewer people booking on the Accor site compared to Marriott et al???

As one of the "acquired" FPC customers, I'm trying to make this work, but it seems Accor is trying even harder to lose my business.