FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moxy Warsaw Praga, Poland [Master Thread]
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:58 pm
skrosvik

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am here right now, just for one night (fortunately). The main entrance of the hotel is not open yet, so it is quite hard for visitors and taxi drivers to find it. You have to walk into the square behind the hotel and enter the hotel via the back entrance. That means you have to go up some stairs, through the door, and then down a long staircase. There is no elevator at this side of the hotel, so if you have trouble walking up or down stairs or have heavy luggage then this will be a problem.

The FD did not mention my loyalty, but my keycard said I was upgraded though - to a Moxy Family room on the 4th floor, which is large and nice as everything is brand new. They only have two types of rooms - the standard Moxy Sleeper, and the Moxy Family room. There's a desk, a sofa and a chair. Bathroom is small, but it is well equipped, and has a nice walk in shower.

The room doors are cool and industrial, but they are useless when it comes to soundproofing, I can hear every little sound coming from the corridor, and when my neighbour open and close his door if feels like he is entering my room. Creepy! Having said that, the room is very comfy apart from that.

I have stayed at a few Moxy hotels, and I have really enjoyed their vast lobby bars, as they are airy and nice and usually quite lively. I was very dissappointed when I went down to have a couple of beers, only to be told that they don't have a permit to sell and/or serve alcohol, and she had no idea when they would get it. I asked her if she had any recommendations for bars in the nearby area, and I was quite briskly told: "There are alot of bars around!". Very dissappointing!

However, there is alot of bars/restaurants in the area around the hotel, just like the receptionist told me And there is a mall with Starbucks, Carrefour, etc close to the hotel, maybe 5-10 minutes on foot. There is loads of construction going on around the hotel, so I guess this will be a nice up and coming area in the next few years.

Would I stay here again? In the near future - absolutely not! I wouldnt recommend staying here within the next few months. I guess they will have sorted out these problems within a couple of months.

Last edited by skrosvik; Feb 25, 2019 at 2:12 pm