FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philippines with a side of Bangkok (BR J, Shangri-La, GH Manila, and more)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:27 am
benjahman

Grand Hyatt Manila, BR J MNL-TPE-JFK

A fairly easy two hour drive back to Manila, where we checked into the brand new Grand Hyatt Manila. As reported, still some lingering smells of paint in the hotel but nothing too bothersome. Gorgeous, gleaming new property. We were staying in a Grand Suite, which was nice sized, with amazing views. The recently opened Club Lounge on the 57th floor had even more impressive views. Staff were over the top friendly and accommodating. My wife knew the Front Desk Manager from high school/college days and he was very welcoming. Club Lounge had a nice spread in the afternoon and a generous spread for breakfast.

Club Lounge

Another excellent location for a fantasy football draft

We had a great two night stay here and I'm thinking this may be my new favorite Manila hotel. Rates are very reasonable and having access to a Club Lounge, while not necessary, always make a stay a bit more enjoyable.

Last day in Manila was spent enduring 6 hours of dental work. Dentistry is excellent in Manila and I was able to get all my fillings changed, new ones, and complete cleaning, flouride treatment, etc, for $200. Most likely wouldve been somewhere between 10-15x as much in NYC.

I won't bore you with too much BR J from MNL-NYC. Same equipment and same excellent service.

Security line getting into the airport was a bit hectic, so we hired a porter for about $1 per bag. Money well spent.

Check-in lines were somewhat outrageous at that time of the day. Thankfully the porter just skipped everyone and brough us to the BR J check-in, which was completely empty.

Terrible picture and I can't remember the name of the lounge, but it was pretty small and empty to begin, however, it did fill up. The only lounge at NAIA worth mentioning is the Cathay Lounge.

One again, on the TPE-MNL route, J class cabin was empty

TPE-JFK
This flight consisted of more Krug, lots of sleep and a Glacier Blue Rimowa kit

A little bit of everything.

Our ride to JFK

Once again, a successful trip with my girls. Glad to know the little one can handle the long haul travel. Now comes the fun part of figuring out our next trip and having to book a seat for her!