FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [prem fare gone]: AA: $1,170 OW $1,835 RT Business HKG-Mexico ACT FAST
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:47 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by steveholt
Contrary to the subject line, this fare can come and go. Routings which price out sub-1200 one day can be 11x the next day or vice versa. If you don't find the routing you want and you still have some time, I'd check every day and see what you find.
The I bucket on HKG-LAX/DFW and v.v. is indeed very fluid. It looks like AA revenue management very actively manages this and I have seen it go from 5 to 0 overnight and then back to 3. You have to grab what you find or risk it not being there when you look again. Also worth pointing out that if you are only using this for one way and only to the US, check all the Mexican destinations (MTY, SJD, CUN, etc) as AA seems to be releasing different I bucket availability for some of these (so you could find I space for LAX-DFW when PHX-SJD is tagged on but not if MIA-MEX is tagged on). It does seem like a challenge to get domestic I space, so you may have to settle for Y bucket there, which is generally wide open. I would only book with a good human TA, AA or Amex though if you are going to do that and then monitor for I bucket space. AA is generally pretty good about reissuing if you find the higher cabin/bucket opens up, but most OTAs will suck at this.