FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion Benefit Clarification & Upgrade Probability?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:16 am
flamingocrazyfl

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Cameron B
Actually, no. According to Delta's own text, "Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion Status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits unless the requirements to extend Platinum Medallion Status are met."

You just need to complete the challenge. Delta's definition of "extend" is beyond the 3 month challenge. They are happy to extend the benefit to you once you spend $2,250 and fly the little over 18,000 miles that first 3 months. You do not need to fly the 75k MQMs. The following review also concurs with me: https://onemileatatime.com/delta-pla...hoice-benefit/
This is correct. I began the Plat challenge on 1-July last year and upon successfully completing it, received PM until 31-Jan-20 and also received the ability to select a choice benefit (which I have yet to do). You will not receive the choice benefit until successfully completing the PM challenge, but you will receive it once the PM challenge is complete and your PM status has been extended.