FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Congress introduces (H.R. 911): Install of cockpit secondary barriers on ALL jets
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:22 am
MacLeanBarrier

Programs: http://www.maclean-scotus.info
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Of course there are drink carts.
Unless they installed them just recently, JetBlue Airways Airbus jets do not have drink-carts.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
because the cockpit door was hardened
Cockpit doors are not "hardened" if they open with only flight attendants and 3 1/2-foot drink-carts in front of them, or just flight attendants alone protecting them.

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
To ask a question that I asked in the last thread, but to which I never got an answer:

If this is such a significant threat, then why is there zero evidence that anybody has successfully carried out one of these attacks in the past eighteen years?
I posted earlier that there are several tragedies that investigators have not been able to definitively prove what happened. Case in point: MS804 and MH370, both jets had doors that swing into the cockpit. Existing technology has been unable to present all of the evidence. Both of those jets zig-zagged before disappearing in good weather and both had no prior maintenance issues.

The recent protest by the President of the flight attendants union before Congress is serious. She declared that it's "absurd" that her and her members are tasked with having to stop a raging attacker sprinting at them while they just stand alone, or with a 3 1/2-foot cart.

All of the pilots unions are also for cockpit secondary barriers.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 25, 2019 at 7:24 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.