FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - left stuff on plane - my fault, but......
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:45 am
dca100

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I can sympathise and would like to think that's true but having done similar things with the same outcome (not on BA incidentally) I see the odds of seeing your stuff again as pretty remote. My money is firmly on another passenger being responsible here.
As a data point, I am in the process of being reunited with an iPad Pro through the MissingX site. The item in question was left on a domestic flight to T5 last November.
I have to say that I've found the whole MissingX experience a struggle: I initially reported them item missing 24 hours after the loss. I didn't hear anything back (they say 'don't contact us, we'll contact you') until - somewhat bizarrely - Christmas Day when I received an email from them asking for serial number, description etc.

I sent these details to them immediately but heard nothing further. I presumed it was gone for good until I noticed this thread and randomly went back to check my case on the MissingX site. And there it was, showing as 'found'!
I had to call-in to claim, but they have confirmed they have the item and are sending it to me via courier free of charge courtesy of being a GCH.

So it pays to keep checking back in. The only downside = my justification for buying a new 12.9" iPad Pro has been shattered.