FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:29 am
rmannion

Originally Posted by 747FC
Any idea how the bulkhead footrests work?
They are attached to the legrests. You can flip them down so they're perpendicular to the legrests, which itself can be angled... maybe 30 degrees or so? By pressing a button, you can push the footrests down (think of it as extending the length of the legrests).

IMO not being shoulder to shoulder with your neighbor makes a massive difference over E+ (I'm short and normal-sized). Though I didn't get any sleep on a TPAC, I didn't feel utterly defeated at the end of the flight.

The IFE UI got a major overhaul. It's really sleek and responsive. The screens are large, and the seats came with headphones that seemed to have some passive noise reduction by virtue of them cupping the ears a bit.

The crew on my flight today (UA808) were really giddy over the new seats, and were eager to try out some of special procedures on them (like collapsing the armrests or removing the seat cover), and pointing out to passengers the location of the charging ports, etc.

A common theme I'm seeing in the few times I've rode in that cabin is that it's not obvious enough how to use the seat controls - seat position, popping out the tray table, or releasing the bulkhead IFE monitors (the button is TINY!).