FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington Georgetown Marriott [Master Thread]
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:41 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
You guys weren't kidding about the M-Club here. It's amazing. Staying here now, dinner lounge presentation had gourmet small plates including chicken breast with brussels sprouts, turkey meatball with mashed potatoes, two types of excellent salads, hummus, antipasti, make your own salad station. Also Joyce is wonderful with prompt, warm, and professional service.

I forget to ask at checkin, but are elites allowed to eat in the restaurant in lieu of the lounge breakfast? (Although I'm sure the lounge breakfast will be wonderful).

The room itself isn't impressive, and smells musty. Titanium, upgraded to a larger king room which has an odd layout and a tiny corner window.
Unfortunately, they do not give elites the option of breakfast in the restaurant. But no worries because the M Club breakfast is quite good at this property.

I just stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City. As with all Ritz-Carlton properties, club lounge access is not complimentary by virtue of elite status. With the exception of the complimentary alcohol -- and the wine was cheap-as-heck -- it was not worth the approximate $100 extra per night for club lounge access. The food in the M Club at the Marriott Georgetown was both more extensive and better.

Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City only had beef on French bread appetizers, mushroom tarts, cheese, and shrimp cocktails. By contrast, the Marriott Georgetown has at least two hot dishes and a full salad bar.