FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Congress introduces (H.R. 911): Install of cockpit secondary barriers on ALL jets
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:38 pm
MacLeanBarrier

Programs: http://www.maclean-scotus.info
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
You lose a lot of credibility and respect by citing these tragedies as some sort of justification for a cockpit barrier technology (one of which I believe you are peddling). Other than 370 (for which nobody knows much of anything that happened onboard) I'm not aware that any of these ever had any suggestions that unauthorized cockpit access had anything to do with them. In fact, since most of them have had the CVR's recovered, it is known that there were no "cockpit rush attacks" in them.
<redacted by moderator>

Again, I did extensive research and the different agency reports are nuanced and conflicting. Technology still cannot definitively tell us exactly what happened. A cockpit rush attack may not have given any time for the pilots to make any emergency transmissions--they would have been too preoccupied with flying the jet while defending the attacker(s). The "black boxes" have limited information.

As a Border Patrol Agent and a FAM, I've been in a number of situations--physically trying to detain subjects--where I do not stop to call for help on my mobile radio until I have the subject(s) fully detained.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 24, 2019 at 9:37 pm Reason: Personal exchange