FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-coded Brussels flight...or is it Eurowings? And fare class? (PQM accrual question)
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:19 am
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bavariair
It’s definitely not an Eurowings flight, the only EW flights ex BRU at the moment are to secondary German and Austrian cities IIRC, all other EU flights are “true” SN, i.e. no miles for you but lounge access. Maybe the note in your receipt is due to the fact that SN is nowadays a subsidiary of Eurowings GmbH or just a common interface issue between the LH IT and UA, who knows.

You can also check the SN flight numbers (SN3271 and SN3732) on Flightradar24 and see that they are operated by SN aircraft.

On another note though, you can expect that at some point short-haul SN gets completely absorbed into EW, eliminating *A bebenfits completely ex BRU, unfortunately.
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I should be slightly disappointed or not -- on one hand I'd like every PQM I can get my hands on and not sure how relevant lounge access is on this trip (barely 2 hours in BRU each way), on the other hand the 150% for B/R on all of the other segments more than makes up for what I'll be missing out on for the BRU-MAD segment.

Out of curiosity, on the lounge access front, does the fact that I'm arriving/departing BRU in PE or J or that I have a 'paid' UC membership change that trajectory at all if I wind up on an actual Eurowings intra-EU flight in the future? Or just out of luck for lounge access period.

[These flights are actually late May...anyone want to wager on them being flipped to EU by then? Can't really get a sense of how quickly the transition is happening]