FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:03 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 1k650
Guys, how would you compare SGS and St Regis ? I am a Titanium (Plat Premier) and will be using my Suite Awards (hopefully to improve my chances of an upgrade).
They are really different. I agree with geminimidreams comments. I would add that St. Regis is very sedate, with a hushed atmosphere. SGS is much more bustling. The pools are also quite different. SGS is tropical garden setting, can be hard to find sun. St. Regis it's an infinity pool on the roof with full sun and nice view of the sports club. I think the food overall is better at SGS, especially Thai if you're ever inclined to order room service. Locations are also pretty different, with SGS right in the heart of Sukhumvit and connected to skyway. St. Regis location is also very good, but it's a bit longer walk to the shopping and for BTS you need to connect at Siam to ride Sukhumvit line.