FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievably poor customer service experience
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:06 pm
MitchR

Unbelievably poor customer service experience

After 30 years as an IHG Ambassador member I'm ready to cut my membership card in half and send it back except I don't know if anyone would care. I have been Hilton Diamond for 30 years as well and had, maybe, 5 issues. IHG seems to be 1 in every five stays. The biggest issue is that their front line customer service people have poor communications skills, don't understand issues, and, even if they do, don't seem to be empowered to resolve them. They just read from a script about how happy they are to have me as a customer. The latest was the Venetian in Las Vegas. Arrived at check-in at 11 pm only to be told that they had three reservations in the system for me. I only made one and only one showed in the IHG app. The desk clerk showed them to me but they all had the same confirmation number. The same number that I had on the app showing one reservation. They told me that they would have to charge me for three rooms and that I would have to take it up with IHG. The next day I went to the app only to find yet another pending reservation for that day, checking in later that afternoon at 3 pm and checking out earlier that morning at 11 am. Obviously a problem with the reservation system. I called IHG and the person told me that the issue was between me and the property and he couldn't help me. He did, open a 'case', but he said that I would have to dispute it on my credit card. After I hung up I received a notice that the Hotel had charged my card again for another night. All four charges show the same reservation number. Obviously a problem with the IHG reservation system. Intercontinental properties are great but the rates are high enough as it is, without my being charged four times the rate.