FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - left stuff on plane - my fault, but......
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:28 pm
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
This brings back a sad memory (sad in my eyes at least) but I left my MacBook in the pocket of 1A in CE. I hadn’t realise until the following morning.

I landed on the last flight into LGW, weary eyed I crawled into the Hilton south terminal and awoke to the annoying frustration of it all. I was awake early enough to head back to North Terminal, when BA were living there, to ask someone. The aircraft was still parked up and closed up. Some very helpful staff managed to get onboard and check before the next operating flight but no MacBook was found.

I checked with lost property for a few weeks to come after but nothing turned up. I registered it with the local police. I never saw it again.

I heard rumours that other eagle eyed passengers take stuff or the cleaning contractors have quite a good side business from leftovers on aircraft. I doubt we will ever know the truth but if it’s ever a financially valuable item you can probably bet it won’t end up in a lost property office!

I know it’s just a MacBook but actually it was the white version they don’t do anymore and part of the Steve Jobs era. I was keen on keeping it beyond its use.

Sorry you lost your stuff. I wish there was a better way of getting stuff back.