FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-coded Brussels flight...or is it Eurowings? And fare class? (PQM accrual question)
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:40 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
UA-coded Brussels flight...or is it Eurowings? And fare class? (PQM accrual question)

Booked a trip to Madrid connecting via BRU both ways because I could try UA's premium plus product on the outbound (assuming the GPU doesn't clear) for a <$100 premium and could confirm Polaris on the return at booking.

At the booking stage UA.com indicated that the flights (UA9975 BRU-MAD and UA9956 MAD-BRU) were operated by Brussels Airlines; the receipt indicates that it's "Brussels Airlines doing business as Eurowings GmbH"

So for MileagePlus purposes who is actually operating the flight? And is there a way to confirm the underlying fare class for the prime flight (Brussels' site shows it as K but with the UA flight number)

Normally I wouldn't care but assuming that UA K maps to K on the prime flight it appears if it's credited as a "Brussels Airlines" flight it (may?) earn 0% PQM [K is not listed in the table on United.com]; if it's a "Eurowings" flight it earns 100% PQM. I wouldn't particularly care except that K doesn't show up on ua.com for PQM accrual for Brussels Airlines, but shows as crediting 100% for Eurowings