FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:42 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by haledjian
Pay-at-Hotel. I booked it for April at the Hilton Torrey Pines. However, my $250 resort credit expires in March. How do I get the hotel to charge my credit card now so that the credit kicks in before it's too late?
I'm not sure if you can (safely). You could try calling up the hotel, but the danger is that without explaining it to you they might route the charge through Hilton Corporate if you ask to pay now. The people who answer the phone the phone at the hotel might not know how the billing works, because extremely few people care about that.

You'll still get the credit if you wait to pay on arrival, it's just that it'll be a credit for your next account year, not this account year.

For a credit this account year, you either have to do the resort stay itself this account year if it's in the USA, or book an advance purchase resort stay overseas this account year. You can't do an advance purchase in the USA and have it count at all.