FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:57 am
darnold

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The Ambassador number does sometimes divert to a non-Ambassador line without warning, though last time it happened to me I had an excellent agent so I wonder if it’s the old SPG Platinum team.
Originally Posted by dimramon
I just called, using the number in the app.
Originally Posted by mikebor
I read yours and others that have these issues and I don't get it. You should have a direct phone number to your ambassador. If he/she is not there the voicemail should instruct you to push 0 and a general ambassador agent should pick up. Or you can call the Amb 800 number to speak to one.
The phone number in the app has, as far as I can remember, always showed the "Titanium" general line. The Ambassador #, as Mikebor references, is separate - it answers "Thanks for calling the Ambassador team" immediately. I can't remember the phone tree there ever routing me to a standard queue.

Of course, my Ambassador's direct line still goes to voicemail, which doesn't help me solve an immediate issue.

The issue I'm alerting to is that the Ambassador number simply doesn't connect to anyone right now, but rings indefinitely or disconnects after the usual slew of "Thanks for calling, SPG data breach blah blah" alerts.