FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:06 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
I find trying to make chages to a RTW at the LHR desk difficult. Perhaps others have had different experiences. Are you traveling with check in luggage?
I have taken the one stop same flight number flights transiting SIN on QF from SYD. It is just not a refueling stop. One has to exit the aircraft, take carry on items, go through security checks an then re board. I was at max segments so I could not stop, but you have less than 16 segments so that is not an issue. I would consider making those changes before departure. Are you on an EX CAI RTW ticket? All of my changes were after the first segment was flown. JL is the issuing carrier or was it issued via an agent?
2) QF also has a LHR-SIN-SYD flight.
3) I found most changes to flights required a re issuance. Perhaps some charges for local exit taxes from Singapore. There should not be a change fee because it is not a rerouting. Keep in mind: not every agent and airline reads the rules the same way....
It does not hurt to call the airline and ask. Good luck.
If LHR-SYD is booked and ticketed as a single segment and you change it to be two segments (LHR-SIN-SYD), that is definitely a re-route as it clearly is a change to the "ticketed points." As such, the $125USD re-route fee applies, and if you have not yet flown the first segment, then the entire itinerary is re-priced at current prices.