FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck (HNL) for 3 days due to GUM weather (Typhoon Wutip). Can they help?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:23 pm
zrs70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Feyte
Hello! I know you guys must get this a lot but I couldn't find any info on it. I paid for a ticket from Hawaii to Guam. I'm on one of the islands came to honolulu and flight was cancelled. Called and they said due to weather, I won't be reimbursed. However I'm stuck for 3 days. This is literally my 4th delay in a row. My last flight to the east coast, I was delayed 3 times back to back having me show up 2 days later then what I was supposed to. It was so rough and cost me a grip. I'm not sure what to do and will now be coming out of pocket for food and hotel for 3 days. United hasn't helped at all. Any help or advice is so appreciated!
Welcome to FT! So sorry for what you are experiencing. Never fun to endure a delay.

What do you mean you won't be reimbursed? If flight is cancelled, they should offer a refund.
Have you looked at options online? Are you willing to go via Asia? It always helps to have flights in mind when contacting the airline.
On your flight to the east coast, what was the reason for the delay?