FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:42 pm
habshabs444

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
i assume this was due to cert upgrade rather than booking directly?

Also what's your opinion on mt temple suite (true one bedroom with door? fold out bed for kids? size, view, bath etc)? I cant seem to find any reviews...
It seems to be the only practical suites option in the area in the post-cert world that may allow us to return with family...
Yes - this was due to the use of the suite upgrades.

I actually liked the Mount Temple suite, however, it lacked the character that the older part of the hotel would have. The suite we were in was at the very end of the newer wing so a fair walk from the amenities in the main building. We were on the 3rd floor (originally the 5th floor before we got a rush on the room to check-in) and there was still a nice view of the lake, granted the view would be a far cry from some of the ones in the main building. There is only one set of windows offering the view as the room is a long rectangle. The bedroom is separated from the living area offering a pullout couch and coffee table by sliding wooden pocket doors. There was no dining table/area to eat which would have been a plus as sometimes we just like to order room service if the kids are being fussy. The bathroom was quite large with dual sinks and separate bathtub and shower. The suite wasn't spectacular by any means, but definitely met our needs.