FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:26 am
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by helvetic
Thanks @Kalboz for the super on point thoughts on Marriott hotels — you helped me pick the Soi57 Marriott last trip, and I was very happy with that choice given my love for rooftop bars. Visiting MMQP today again mostly due to your recommendation!

What are the happy hour benefits you mention that apply at these outlets? A regular HH or something unique to platinums?
They call it "Exclusive Evening Cocktail" benefit for Platinums or guests with Club access who wish to avoid the M-Club lounge during happy hour. We have only tried two of the venues and preferred the Siam Tea Room (#17 on TripAdvisor). Pagoda (#38 TripAdvisor) on was good, and we haven't tried Soba Factory yet. The food was especially good at the lounge this year so we didn't do the outlets during the last 2 visits. Basically you talk to the lounge staff before going and they will call it in for you to tell the outlet that you are eligible for the benefit. Once there, you are offered 2 food items per person from a special menu. So, if you are a family of 4 like us, you get 8 items plus drinks including alcoholic beverages. You can still go back to the lounge for additional libations and desserts as that feast doesn't end until 9:30 PM.

Pagoda Chinese Restaurant on the 4th floor - happy hour menu

Kalboz family at the highly rated Pagoda for happy hour benefit

Crispy prawns with fruit salad at Pagoda

Siam Tea Room at the hotel lobby - happy hour menu

Somtam with prawns at Siam Tea Room

Pomelo salad with fluffy fried fish and fried chicken