FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:23 am
Tiger_lily

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I should point out that when I liberated Teddy from T3 Lost Property, the desk agent did sort-of apologise for the state of Teddy - Teddy was pretty filthy at this stage. I did my best to brush the worst of the grime off, while trying to be careful with the handling, but Teddy's back was particularly bad. In some of the early photos I had to do various tricks to hide the worst of it. The agent explained that lost property is transported around the Heathrow estate and then stored in metal bins, which carry goodness-knows-what, and these bins aren't clean out very often. So anything going into the Lost Property system does risk getting quite dirty. This perhaps explains why HAL security and BA send their lost property to the office in plastic bags, but they are then taken out of the bags to facilitate processing by Bagport.

But Teddy looks like a new teddy now that Teddy has been for a quick spin.
Baby wipes can quite often can get the worst of anything off most fabrics. Surprising really as they are promoted as being soft and gentle to baby's skin etc. In some cases I've found that they have gotten a stain out when nothing else works. God knows what they must actually contain.