FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:30 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
Soi 22 is very similar to Soi 15 in terms of "seediness," so I am at something of a loss why one of our members goes on and on about how wonderful MMQP is, but denigrates 4P for being in a "seedy" area.

MMQP is a convention property - the largest hotel in Bangkok, one of the largest in Asia. It has a very large lounge and they're pretty good with upgrades. Breakfast is lounge only. Pool is weak.
Just checked in. Seedy area doesn't bother me one bit (I also loved the Le Meridien which is pretty much right in Patpong). If you read my recent post on the GH thread, you might be believe otherwise, but my problem there was not so much with the existence of the seedy meat-shop bar, and certainly not with anything that goes on on the streets outside, but rather with the lack of an alternative.

The hotel is bigger than expected at almost 1400 rooms. The hardware looks more dated in person than the pictures make it seem. That said, I had a pleasant and painless check-in at the club, and look forward to trying ABar. Apparently they had 27 bus full of package tours check in today, so I don't envy the staff one bit.

I was upgraded to an M Club suite which I'm very happy with — good views on a high floor, a mostly functional decor with only minimal wear and tear, and plenty of room!