FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Details/Discussion of Saver (Basic Economy) "X" Fares
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:40 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jhurwitz
Everything he said was consistent. "3rd flight in an itinerary with an overnight layover." So the friend checked in 24 hours before the first flight, at which point he could check in for *all* segments, including one segment that was 42 hours in the future.
I have flown many, many multi-segment itineraries. You cannot check-in for any flights that are departing the day after your first segment. You certainly will be checked-in for all segments departing the same day as your first flight but anything after that will require checking-in 24 hours prior to departure for the next segment(s) I often check-in for subsequent flights while flying to my layover/stopover.

I recently flew PHX-SEA-ANC-HNL-SEA-LAX-SJO-LAX-SEA-PHX. I could check-in for PHX-SEA-ANC-HNL-SEA as they all had departures on the same day. I had to wait until 24 hours prior to check-in for SEA-LAX, 24 hours prior to to check-in for LAX-SJO-LAX and 24 hour prior to LAX-SEA-PHX.

James in Faa'a Tahiti.