FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not showing on upgrade waitlist
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:56 pm
ASRobo

Originally Posted by Spiffieman
So...here is my dilemma. I have been flying recently with a companion who is an MVP. I am a 75k. We are on the same PNR. The last three times we have flown together, when I OLCI, her name is not right underneath mine, she is further down the list. From previous posts, it would appear that we would clear together at T-120 to T-2 hours. Since most upgrades aren't clearing until the gate, when we arrive at the airport, I go up and ask the gate agent to make sure that we would clear together because of my status. For the past three times this has happened, I have had to thoroughly explain the situation and then the gate agent has had to do some furious typing to finally get it to work. If I don't do this step, it sounds like I would have cleared and she wouldn't, which I don't want to happen. Last night, on AS 24 to BOS, Mary at the gate was amazing and got me taken care of me this time by removing my MVP traveling companions MP number and putting it back in, at least that is what she thinks might have fixed it (we didn't get the upgrade which was fine but at least her name was put under mine). Has anyone else had any clear cut way of telling the GA how to handle this? Or know if AS is trying to fix this issue? I have called the gold desk a couple of times and they haven't been aware of the problem.
I can attest this has happened to me and my wife numerous times, 100% of the time. Another thing that absolutely I can assure you of is if your name is NOT on the upgrade list on your mobile app then you are not on the upgrade list... period. No matter what the person or persons on the phone tell you. No matter what the agent might tell you checking in/checking a bag. No matter what the gate agent will tell you. You MUST get them to manually add you to the upgrade list and you must see it on your mobile app or you will clear upgrades when they start to go at the gate. I have first hand experience (painfully) of watching this happen. This isn't new... this has been happening for quite a while now.