FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VS Randomly Assigns Seats Before OLCI - Cam Make it Difficult to Select Seats at OLCI
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:31 pm
Theirin

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I wasn't claiming dishonesty. But, it seems to me that assigning seats in advance of OLCI to Light Fare passengers is contrary to the stated policy that seats will be allocated to light fare passengers at time of check-in. At a minimum I know that seats were assigned to myself and the other passenger in my PNR well in advance of OLCI. How is that not a violation of the stated policy?

The part where I go from clear knowledge (my seat was assigned early in violation of the policy) to the assumption (other seats were assigned early in violation of the stated policy) is that after having checked the seat map every day or so, on the first day that I saw that seats had been assigned to myself and my companion I noticed that the rest of the cabin had filled up at a faster rate than before (as it turned out, the flight was far from full,)
I apologise for coming across in an accusatory manner. I wonder if what they're doing is assigning seats literally at check in - i.e. as soon as check-in opens at T-24 they're allocating seats, rather than when each passenger checks in.