FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:46 am
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Soi 22 is very similar to Soi 15 in terms of "seediness," so I am at something of a loss why one of our members goes on and on about how wonderful MMQP is, but denigrates 4P for being in a "seedy" area.

MMQP is a convention property - the largest hotel in Bangkok, one of the largest in Asia. It has a very large lounge and they're pretty good with upgrades. Breakfast is lounge only. Pool is weak.
I have stayed at both and I can confidently tell you that there is really no comparison between the MMPQ and the 4P. The MMQP is light years ahead of the 4P! With ~$30 difference in rate, why not just stay at the WGS and save yourself the troubles! At least the WGS have a lounge (albeit a small one) and they are next door to T-21. Convention property or not, the MMQP is awesome. Let us examine the 4P:
  • The breakfast at the Eatery with limited options but ok.
  • No real upgrade possibility (Hardly any Platinum recognition)
  • Low rise so not really good views.
  • No club lounge so no real happy hour at the 4P. They give you one (or 2) beer and no food at all at their pub.
  • The hard product is weak as many FTers have complained about the 4P shower water pressure, the faulty faucet design (splash), and flood susceptibility after taking a shower.
  • Small rooftop pool (8th floor) but direct sun exposure.
  • They have tuk-tuk shuttle to the nearest BTS station and a back door if you want to avoid the seedy scene or the Indian tailors.

Tiny rooftop pool at the 4P as seen from the SGS

4P complimentary Tuk-Tuk shuttle

Room with a view - from room # 403 - shanty town next door!