FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz South Africa is not Hertz - be careful
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:44 am
nldogbert

Hi,

Just completed a rental at the CPT station - they did recognize my PC status though only given a one car upgrade ( as per the rule) - could not get a higher upgrade, but since it was only for 3 days I was fine. Although initially when I collected the car and was getting charged, I noticed that my rate was much higher than the rate I had reserved. The agent helping me could not figure out why but luckily a manager appeared at that moment and I overheard that it was something to do with some contract opening fees (which is due to the different system used by Hertz and theirs)... anyway, after some manual changes, the rate was a couple of ZAR lower than what I had.
Upon returning, the car, I was told everything was fine by the check-out attendant. However, upon returning home, I saw an email of the invoice and in there there was an additional charge for fuel (which the check-out agent confirmed when I returned it to be OK).
I was just wondering is this common? I luckily do still have the invoice of my fuel - I did proactively write to customer service to inquire about this but still no response.

Cheers!

ps: Also just checked my account today - although the rental was recorded, no points were given - which I did a retro claim now too.