FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mixed cabin / class award issues, questions, discussion
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:27 am
Nick311

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Previously all you needed was the DSM-PHL to open up in business for you to switch. Now however with AA's frequent married segment availability there are scenarios in which you need the entire DSM-PHL-CUN to be open in business to switch. Definitely give AA a call though and ask to change now that the DSM-PHL is open in business, we won't be able to tell you definitively.
Thanks, I was able to get my itinerary switched (three of us on the record locator) after they told me they could not see the availability, but if I put it on hold they could work with it. After the lady I spoke to got mine switched, I gave her a linked PNR for my wife (we had to change her name after booking) and she went to do the same for her but after she came back from hold she said she was unable to reach the person who did it for her before and was told by the others she spoke to that things were done incorrectly and they were unable to do the same for my wife as availability must show for all of DSM > PHL > CUN.

I assume if they were able to do it once, they may be able to do it again so I will likely call back and try again.