FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa GPUs Go Electronic {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:56 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Clarkcc1
Nein, nicht BS. I just talked to a sixth agent and she went so far as to pull up a specific ORD-FRA flight and requested a J-F upgrade with a GPU and her system said it would book into A class. I said this appears to be a change from the past, and to continue verification, I asked about coach to business. That still books into I - India class same as free/award ticket business class.

My pure guess here might be that from the United side, the lowest eligible business to first booking code is D. I believe Miles and More can book as low as P papa class to upgrade to First, right? Well it seems quite clear as of now if us United'ers buy D class on LH we can upgrade with a GPU into A class.
I just waitlisted one yesterday and it clearly shows waitlisted for 'O' on the LH side. UA agents make up stuff all the time ... and I am not even sure I understand what 'her system' means since this is all handled by the LH backend system.
So unless you can produce a screenshot showing a confirmed upgrade on LH booking into A ... I'll say it is MOLAs making up stuff.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 21, 2019 at 5:47 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.